Comments on James Gunn’s Ad Astra will be moderated before they are made public, and may be removed after posting if the editors or consulting board deem it necessary. We will not moderate based on ideology. Our guidelines for moderation are:
- Abusive language will not be permitted. This includes personal attacks against the author, editors, or other commenters based on race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, political beliefs, country of origin, or preferred fandom. We will also remove attacks against groups dealing with any of these things.
- When in doubt, attack an idea, not a person or group.
- Solicitation for, or advertisement of, personal blogs, magazines, or other services will not be approved. We welcome information about writer’s workshops, venues for publication, and similar resources; the difference between acceptable references and an ad is actually discussing the pros and cons of the service. Spam posting will be deleted as soon as possible.
- Comment trolling and inflammatory language simply to get a rise out of people will be deleted.
- Copyright infringement and other violations of intellectual property laws will not be tolerated.
You may share stories on your favorite social media and comment on them there, although we ask that you respect our authors. We reserve the right to inform others of your bad behavior on other sites if we become aware of it.
When in doubt whether a post will be approved, remember this paraphrase of a famous quote from that icon of geekdom, Wil Wheaton: “Don’t be a jerk.”
Comments will be reviewed daily, but not instantly (or even, perhaps, hourly). Be patient, Grasshopper.